Definition: Depression is a mood disorder. The definition in this protocol is consistent with the DSM-IV-TR (APA, 2000). Unless specified, the term “depression” encompasses both major depressive disorder (MDD), dysthymic disorder (DD), depression NOS, adjustment disorder with depression or minor depression. Impairment means reduced functioning in one or more major areas of life: academic or performance, family relationships and peer interactions.
- Use of the PHQ-9 to make a tentative depression Diagnosis, September 2009. www.depression-primarycare.org
- American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 2000.
- American Psychiatric Association. Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Patients with Major Depressive Disorder. Second edition, Apr 2000. Washington DC: APA 2000.
- HRSA Guidelines. Phase 2 Measures of Depression Population. Apr, 2006
Anxiety Standard of Care Definition: The American Psychological Association (APA) defines anxiety as “an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and physical changes.
- Clinical Practice Review for GAD- Clinical Practice Review for GAD | Anxiety and Depression Association of America, ADAA
- Diagnosis and Management of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder in Adults-Diagnosis and Management of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder in Adults - American Family Physician (aafp.org)
- The American Psychological Association (APA)